PURE opens up a world of exciting flavours to enhance everything you cook. We’ve come up with ideas to showcase just how versatile and creative you can get with PURE. But you’re only limited by your imagination and taste buds, so get PURE and get cooking.
PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Vanilla, Cinnamon, Star Anise
We created this flavour profile to deepen the silky sweetness of maple syrup and give it an exotic twist. Starting with pure vanilla, cinnamon bark and just a touch of star anise, this infusion creates a familiar yet unique taste that will transport you to the spice markets of the Orient.
A number of customers emailed us with their favourite uses, including:
- Bread puddings, to give them a distinct twist
- Drizzled over ice cream
- With pancakes, waffles and French toast
- On any number of warm breakfast cereals – cream of wheat, oatmeal, kasha
- As a exotic sweetener for whipping cream
- Over cheesecake
- In smoothies and yogurt
- To replace simple syrups in warm and cold beverages (vanilla steamers, iced coffees, etc.)
PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves
There’s something special about baking spices: they’re evocative, they’re sensory, and of course, they’re delicious in just about everything Grandma makes. So naturally, we couldn’t think of a better way to honour that memory than with a PURE maple syrup infused with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. These warm spices heighten the magic of maple syrup and are well suited to any number of culinary pursuits – traditional baking, ciders and teas, and even some exotic North African and Middle Eastern dishes, where the interplay of sweet and savoury are essential.
Customers have told us they love using this PURE syrup for their:
- Morning oatmeal
- Apple pies and crisps (especially when topped with vanilla ice cream)
- Warm gingerbread desserts
- Poached pears
- Baked squash
- Sweet potatoes
- Oven-baked hams, as a glaze
PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Lavender & Chai
For millennia, the sweet smell of lavender has been prized for its relaxing and calming influences. We just think it tastes great, which is why we use it to infuse PURE maple syrup with unique floral qualities. Lavender’s fragrant and slightly spicy notes are perfectly balanced by deep and dusky Indian masala.
In our test kitchen, our chefs loved Lavender and Chai PURE as an ideal complement to:
- Panna cotta and crème brulee
- Tea cakes and scones
- Warm drinks (coffee, tea, lattes or hot chocolate)
- Cold drinks (homemade iced tea or lemonade)
- Strong aged cheeses such as cheddar or gouda (the lavender really pops!)
- Paired with fresh peaches, blueberries, strawberries or raspberries (even a fresh fruit salad)
- Liberally brush it on fresh pineapple, peaches or pears before grilling for a truly sensational caramelized treat.
PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Maple Syrup, Ginger, & Apple Cider Vinegar ( Gastrique)
This is probably the most ‘chefy’ of all our maple creations – a perfect way to leave your dinner guests wondering how you transformed those simple sautéed greens. PURE’s Maple Gastrique makes it super easy because we did all the hard work balancing the sweetness of maple syrup with the tartness of pure apple cider vinegar. The result is that you get all the kudos.
In addition to sautéed vegetables, use the gastrique for:
- Stir frys and steamed or roasted vegetables (a light drizzle does wonders!)
- All kinds of sauces – pan sauces, tomato-based sauces or even curry cream sauces
- Salad and coleslaw dressings and vinaigrettes
- Drizzling over pork or chicken before serving
- Steaming mussels, along with cream and fresh thyme
- An Asian dipping sauce for dumplings and gyoza – in combination with a little soya sauce and rice wine vinegar
PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Chipotle & Lemongrass
We took our inspiration for PURE Chipotle and Lemongrass straight from the BBQ. The smokiness imparted by the chipotle peppers is a lovely counterpoint to the natural sweetness of maple syrup. The lemongrass helps brighten up the finish, as the long, lingering, subtle heat of the chipotle dances on the palate.
We love using it to make homemade barbecue sauces and, in fact, drizzled over anything that goes on the grill – chicken, ribs, pork, or salmon. You will love it for:
- Making marinades (especially for things like Korean short ribs!)
- Brushing directly on grilled salmon steaks
- Creating a dipping sauce for chicken wings
- Making traditional baked beans
- Making your roasted squash or roasted vegetable soup extra special
PURE is equally at home behind the bar as it is in the kitchen. Cocktail enthusiasts everywhere continue to search out fresh and unique ingredients to enhance their creations. Check out what mixologist Jeremy Mott created… it’s PURE genius!