Chipotle Lemongrass Quinoa Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 carrot, finely minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 rib celery, finely minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa – any combination of black, white, or red quinoa
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (use any combination of parsley, chives, mint,
or lemon balm)
- A good drizzle (about 2 tablespoons) PURE Chipotle Lemongrass Maple Infusion
- Heat the oil in the bottom of a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, carrot, celery, and garlic and cook for about five minutes, stirring constantly,
until the onion is lightly browned and vegetables have softened.
- Stir in the quinoa and add the vegetable stock, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Cook the quinoa for 20-25 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Just before serving, add the chopped herbs and PURE Maple Infusion to the pot and stir to