The sweet and savory notes of maple syrup, ginger and apple cider vinegar come together to liven up this traditional favourite.
- 1/3 cup PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Gastrique: Maple Syrup, Ginger & Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 1 inch thick center cut pork chops (bone-in)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small clove garlic – finely chopped
- 3 small apples – peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/3 cup Pure Infused Gastrique
- Optional: Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, if desired
1. Pat both sides of the pork chops dry with paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Heat olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add pork chops; cook, turning once, 2-3 minutes on each side or until pork is browned. Remove pork chops from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium; add the butter and the garlic, and cook, stirring constantly for about a minute. Add the apples continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until apples just begin to soften. Add cider and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; return pork chops to pan. And cover, cook for 6-8 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 71°C. Remove pork chops from pan, place on serving platter, and keep warm.
- Add PURE Infused Maple Gastrique to pan. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.