The traditional Italian dessert with the added flavours of maple, lavender and chai. Adapted from Giada DeLaurentiis, Everyday Italian.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unflavoured gelatin powder
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Lavender and Chai
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the cold milk with gelatin by sprinkling the gelatin powder over the surface of the milk and gently stirring. Let the gelatin soften for 5 minutes. Place saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the gelatin dissolves. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, Pure Infused Maple Syrup, sugar, and salt and cook, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes and pour into 6 small ramekins.
- Cover the surface of the custards with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
4. To unmold the panna cotta, dip the bottom of the ramekin into a shallow bowl of hot water for a moment and then invert the ramekin over a small dessert plate. Finish with an additional drizzle of Pure Infused Maple Syrup – Lavender and Chai.