Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 2 cup butternut squash soup — cut into % inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots — roughly chopped into % inch pieces
- 1 cup onions — roughly chopped into % inch pieces
- 1 L Compliments Sodium Reduced Chicken Broth
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 6 tsp PURE Infused Maple, Ginger, Apple Cider Gastrique
- 6 tsp Compliments Light Sour Cream
- 6 tsp pumpkin seeds — toasted
- 2 Tbsp each: garlic and ginger — roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp each: fresh thyme and chives — chopped
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 1/2 Tbsp Compliments Curry Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot on medium-high.
- Add squash, carrots and onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, thyme and curry powder; continue to cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken broth and bring soup to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree using a blender or stick mixer.
- Serve in 6 soup bowls and garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of fresh chives, toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of maple gastrique.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Scott Morash, Sobeys Bedford