These proportions will make enough for two servings, but can easily be doubled or tripled for more.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup quinoa – well rinsed
- 1/4 cup large flake oats – toasted*
- 1/4 cup dried fruit – apples and cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons PURE Cinnamon Nutmeg & Clove Maple Infusion
- *Toasted Oats – Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the oats in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Stir them around a couple of times during the cooking process to ensure even browning.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the PURE Maple Infusion in a medium sized pot, and slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let sit overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning warm the porridge over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from heat, and add the PURE Maple Infusion and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle each bowl with a few more nuts, and add some fresh fruit or a spoonful of jam and serve.