This sweet and spicy tea latté embodies the holiday season with the warming flavours of maple, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves.
This recipe comes to us from Brittany Mueller, one of our two PURE Brand Ambassador chosen from a nationwide contest with Food Bloggers of Canada. You can learn more about Brittany, and find more delicious vegan recipes, at I Love Vegan: www.ilovevegan.com
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 English breakfast tea bag (or other black tea)
- ¾ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground dried ginger
- 2-3 tbsp PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
- Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, for sprinkling (optional)
- Cinnamon stick, for decoration (optional)
- In a large mug, pour ½ cup boiling water over 1 English breakfast tea bag. Steep for 5-10 minutes for a concentrated brew.
- Heat the sweetened soy milk until just hot (in microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.) Froth the milk using an electric milk frother, or by pouring into a coffee press and plunging vigorously until the milk has doubled in volume. (If using a milk steamer, do not heat the milk first.)
- Combine the soy milk, dried ginger, and PURE Infused Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves.
- Hold a large spoon against the rim of the soy milk vessel and hold back the thick, top layer of foam while pouring the milk into the concentrated tea. Spoon the remaining foam on top. Adjust the sweetness if necessary.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, add a cinnamon stick, and enjoy!